Monday, October 11, 2010

Ten Things About Today

1. I had pumpkin pie for breakfast. Yum.
2. Today is going to be the day in which I complete a handknit sock in two days. I'm halfway done the sock. I started yesterday. I'm going to rock this foot.
3. It's International Coming Out Day. Congratulations!
4. The Sun sessions of Sons of Admirals came out today and they rock.
5. I'm cleaning things. This is exciting.
6. I need to get around to cleaning myself.
7. I've been looking at the website of the university I want to go to and it's scary but also really exciting.
8. I had a really wacked-out dream last night in which the library in my high school was a bookstore and they were selling merch for all my favourite nerdy bands.
9. Did I mention that whole lovely new laptop thing? Hooray.
10. That funky Thanksgiving thing. My family isn't having a big dinner or anything, but the whole giving thanks thing is cool. One of my secrets is that I actually say grace before I eat. I'm not Christian or anything, I'm more agnostic, but even that isn't right. I suppose that 'spiritual' would be a better word, but that makes me sound like I'm one of those people who practices family bed and eats wheatgerm three meals a day. Anyways, I like to give thanks to the universe at large for my food and everything I have, even if I usually do it silently to avoid awkward discussions of religion and the existence of a higher being with my family. I don't think that either the Christian or the Atheist would understand.

And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all the things listed above, that I have a home and family and friends who love me (yes, the home loves me) and that I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment